Full-Time RtI Teacher K-2
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The function of this position is to provide support to classroom teachers in the implementation of Response to Intervention. The RtI teacher will implement strategies in direct interaction with students to ensure that all children can achieve at grade level. Methods used will include, but will not be limited to implementation of GMCS’ adopted content area programs, and the implementation of intervention programs to assist children who do not master grade level skills from first instruction.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implements the Response to Intervention model for increasing student achievement.
• Works with the Principal, teachers, and other support staff members to create learning environments where all students can reach grade-level benchmark
• Provides direct intervention instruction to students.
• Works closely with the administration to ensure high fidelity implementation of the state adopted programs.
• Assists teachers in collecting data.
• Assists teachers in using data to drive instruction.
• Supports the principal in making data driven decisions about instruction.
• Establishes and maintains open communication and uses effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Supports collegiality and team building among staff members.
• Assists in creating a positive school climate.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years of successful teaching experience.
• Experience in assessing student skill and knowledge.
• Experience in using assessment results to guide instruction.
• Experience in teaching the state adopted curriculum.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor of Arts or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
Certification Requirement: Possess a valid elementary Pennsylvania teaching certificate and prefer Reading Specialist Certificate or Special Education Certificate.
How to ApplyYou may apply by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and letter of interest.
46 total views, 3 today