Full-Time Special Education Teacher
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
NHS is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to join our Autism Specialty School in Carlisle, PA for the 2017/2018 school year.
ABOUT NHS SCHOOLS
By blending behavioral expertise utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and education, the NHS Schools partner with families, school districts and community organizations to provide a quality educational environment. The goal is to teach students the skills necessary for success in the general education setting and to transition them, as appropriate, back to a less restrictive environment within their home school districts, competitive employment and/or independent living. Services within our schools include the following:
• Autism Classrooms
• Emotional Support Classrooms
• Transition Services (Vocational Training, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education)
• PETALS (Promoting Educational & Tangible Alternative Life Strategies) for Girls
• PAES (Practical Assessment Exploration System)
• ESY (Extended School Year)
For more information, please visit schools.nhsonline.org.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
• The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
• Highly competitive compensation plans
• Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
• Flexible scheduling
• Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
• Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
• Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
This position will serve as an autism teacher in a private academic classroom. This position’s primary roles are: to develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student, instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques to meet the students varying needs and interests as guided by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP), and to plan and schedule lessons according to the daily schedule and approved curriculum. You will also assure that objectives for all lessons, units, and projects are demonstrated on lesson plans as well as providing a balanced program of instruction.
• Develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student
• Instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques (e.g., multi-sensory, repetition, etc.) to meet the students varying needs and interests as guided by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
• Instruct students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance and self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, etc.
• Modify the curriculum as needed based upon techniques needed for individual learning styles
• Implement and include in lesson plans and opportunities for students to experience a variety of learning techniques and methods that are used with ASD
• Work with other team members to create an inclusion plan between NHS autism school and public school as needed
• Plan and schedule lessons according to the daily schedule and approved curriculum. Assure that objective for all lessons, units, and projects are demonstrated on lesson plans as well as providing a balanced program of instruction
• Confer with parents, administrators, school psychologists, and other professionals to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) for each student in the assigned classroom as well as behavior plans
• Confer with necessary professionals and supports to develop plans to assist in resolving student behaviors in the classroom
• Establish organized classroom behavioral model and reinforcement systems (individualize when necessary)
• Observe and collect data daily for IEP goals, student behavior, social, developmental, and academic performance
• Complete report cards and data collection sheets for each child’s progress by the 15th of every month
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child’s progress, and to determine priorities for their child’s education
• Maintain and update program books as required
• Monitor teacher aides to ensure they adhere to classroom and school policy & program requirements
• Teachers working at an NHS School are required to have a Bachelors degree in Special education, or a Bachelors degree with a minimum of 18 credits in special education and 6 credits in education theory.
• Must possess either a Pennsylvania Private Academic certification or a Pennsylvania Special Education certificate.
• Teachers working in a school district classroom are required to have a Pennsylvania Public school certification in Special education.
• Experience working with children with Autism is preferred
How to ApplyAPPLY TODAY Please complete an application on the NHS Website by going to https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1148411&d=External#/ and searching for Job ID: 26828 Once your application is complete, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
200 total views, 1 today