Part-Time Tutor – Math
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Provides academic tutoring services to a variety of individuals and groups. Creates and implements tutorial programs that guide and assist students with homework, problem solving, report writing and test preparation. Provides proactive and ongoing student retention services to students needing assistance
- Sets goals in each student’s tutoring program. Address student’s immediate educational concerns during each session.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any needs or problems and tutors students individually or in scheduled group study sessions to review principles, solve problems, and review for tests.
- Demonstrates successes in tutoring sessions, as well as discrepancies in time worked.
- Facilitates reading and writing labs to develop writing, math, word processing, study and other academic skills.
- Maintains and updates confidential files and records, ensuring that ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
- Researches and selects learning materials, textbooks, software, and equipment to facilitate tutoring; may design specific handout, study, and related materials.
- Communicates with professors as required.
- Attends all required training and meetings
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required, Masters preferred.
- One to three years of relevant teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manage time and schedules effectively.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and coordinate learning plans.
- Must have knowledge of test administration techniques and procedures and the ability to utilize instructional aids effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
How to Applyhttps://devryuniversity-devry.icims.com/jobs/66596/tutor---math/job
417 total views, 2 today